Monday, January 2, 2012

Sponging: Green and Blue!

I'm a big fan of sponge work.  I think it all started when I was learning how to do galaxy nails.  Today I'm wearing a green and blue sponged mani!


My husband said that it reminded him of dryads or druids.  I can definitely see it.  It's kind of an earthy color combo.  I think it reminds me of lakes or ponds!


I started with a coat of Orly's Lucky Duck as a base, which is almost completely covered up, as you can probably see in the pictures!


Then I sponged on some Avon Jade from the Nailwear Pro line.  On top of that is some Orly's Lunar Eclipse and Zoya Noel.  Next was some of my favorite polish, Orly's It's Not Rocket Science.  I topped it with a green jelly full of copper flakes by Love & Beauty.  


It's more vibrant in person, like these last pictures show, and very sparkly!


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment