Sunday, January 1, 2012

American Apparel: Lopez Canyon & Passport Blue

American Apparel isn't a store that I normally shop at, but I decided to pop in one day and check out their line of polish.  I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality.


My friend and I tried on a few of their creams and these were the colors I ended up with: Passport Blue and Lopez Canyon.  My favorite thing about these is that they are true one-coaters!  My second favorite thing is how rich these two colors are.  I especially like the orange because it's a less prominent polish color.  The blue is just a dream too.  The formula is amazing.  


Here's the completed manicure that I did with them.  It's based off one I saw on Chalkboard Nails.  I'm pretty addicted to dots, so when I saw it, I knew I'd be doing some variation of it!


Here's a swatch of Lopez Canyon, one coat with no top coat.  


Look how shiny it is on its own!  I just love this color on me.


Passport blue is a little more sheer than Lopez Canyon.  I still only needed one coat when I wore it before, but it had to be a tiny bit thicker.  Here I sponged it on and it worked really well.


Winter here is drying my hands out! Ahh!  I immediately reached for my OPI Avoplex hand cream after I edited these pictures.  I'm going to be using it and some lotion I picked up from Trader Joe's pretty constantly now!


I definitely wouldn't pass up a few more bottles of this polish.  I've got my eye on their greens!


Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment