Thursday, February 2, 2012

OPI Ink With Flakies

Good day to everyone!  I hope you're all feeling as well or better than I am.  I woke up with a bit of a cheerful attitude this morning, which is kind of rare for me.  Usually it more like, "Ugggggh, the house is so cold and the bed is so waaarm!  Why do I have to get out of it!?"  Instead, I climbed out and turned on the heater today so I could bring you this post.


Today I'm going to show you these two polishes, which have been on my wishlist but I always skipped over them when I saw them on the shelf.  The first is OPI Ink.


This polish is such a gorgeous, shimmery, purple-blue color.  It shifts a little depending on the light and looks blue inside my house, but with better outdoor light it looks way more purple.  


I did remember why I originally hesitated to buy it.  This type of polish by OPI with its fine flecks tends to give me really bad tip wear.  The consistency reminds me of OPI's Warm & Fozzie, which was my biggest tip wear disappointment to date.   I had horrid tip wear by the end of the day because I was doing a lot of reorganizing around my house and this polish doesn't hold up to wear without extra precautions, like using my almost empty bottle of Poshe or DS Top Coat or wrapping my tips.  Oh well, I have so much polish to try right now, I'm not too torn up this time!


I decided to spruce OPI Ink up with my new flakey polish by Nails Inc, The Wyndham.  I have the Donmar collection as well, but I knew that eventually I would be jonesing for Wyndham because it's green!  Go figure.  


As I hope you can see from the pictures, it isn't just green, it shifts to teal and blue as well.  The formula is really great here, not sparse but not packed too thick.  It goes on very smoothly and evenly as well.  The pictures show one thin coat and another would build it up really nicely!


I've gotten my paws on two of the three Nails Inc flakey collections, but I think the third is going to have to wait a while.  I'm on a no-buy after my birthday damage.  The only thing I am buying is frankening supplies.  I'm trying to put together a few bottles of some of my frankens for friends to get some more input!  I'm definitely overdue for showing you what I've been working on in that front!

Also, I wanted to say thanks to everyone for helping me reach 25 followers!  I want to do a giveaway for you, so I'm going to try to get my act together today and post one.  I had to put my blog sale page on hold again, but perhaps in the next few days I'll figure out what the inventory for that is, after I get the giveaway up!

As always, thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. I love flakies but I don't own any of them. Too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of these polishes! I have the Old Vic one but I think I prefer Wyndham. >< Can't wait to see what frankens you will come up with! :D

    ReplyDelete