Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lacquer Convention: For Good Duo

On the Facebook machine, I post a lot of franken pictures for my friends and family to see and this is a result of one of them. I posted the first polish, Elphaba, with another franken I did and loved and my BFF suggested that I name it Wicked and do a collection based on the book/musical.  I considered it, but after some thought, I decided it was a good idea, but I didn't want to do a whole collection.  I did get to talking about doing the second polish and I knew that I was at least going to mix something with that in mind.  So here I am, showing you my two Wicked polishes: For Good Duo.


Bottle shots!  They're in the test bottle stage right now, so I do anticipate some tweaking with glitter and formula!


This is Elphaba, a black jelly packed with fine mixed green and gold glitter and large holographic gold hexagons.  I have to get my micro glitter options out and fiddle around with them before I make a final call on how I want this to look, but this is a good prototype!


Galinda is a bubblegum pink jelly packed with fine pink glitter and larger periwinkle and holographic purple glitter.  It's really sheer at this point and my nails are yellowed from constantly wearing polish, so I layered it over Barielle's Sailors Delight for this manicure.  I'm probably going to shoot for something a tad more opaque, but I still want to keep it relatively sheer so it won't change too much!

I wanted to name them Wicked and Popular originally, but I didn't want any confusion with Revlon's re-release of Starry Pink as Popular, so I fell back on these names.  I'll be showing you more swatches soon, I'm sure.  I wore Galinda as my manicure over the weekend and it wore fantastically well for almost four days.  I'm so so glad that I found a top coat that wears like armor for me!

Anyway, back to the point!  I'm projecting that these polishes might make the initial line launch, but I can't say for sure.  They might be available a little while after.  I'm waiting on materials again to produce more of them and finish the formula!

Thanks for reading!


10 comments:

  1. when where how much, can I preorder? ::::so happy:::: :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I'm planning on opening my Etsy store next week and I'll make an announcement on my blog at least a couple days in advance. These two shades may or may not be in the store when it launches, depending on me getting my materials delivered this week! I might be taking preorders in the future, but this is my first venture into selling my frankens and I'm going to see how things go! Thank you so much for your interest! I'm very flattered by your support and I hope that I can provide you with my polish soon!

      Delete
  2. when where how much! ::::so happy!:::

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are so preeeeeety! and the fact they're wicked themed is even more awesome. cant wait to see your shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love Wicked! I'm glad you like them =)

      Delete
  4. LOVE THE PINK! Reminds me of: deborah lippmann candy shop
    Where can I buy your awesome creations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! =D It's in the same vein as Candy Shop with the milky jelly base! I love that look lately! I made an announcement yesterday that I'm opening my Etsy shop on Wednesday, March 14th. I'm going to post a link to it in the next few days and see how things go!

      Delete
  5. The Elphaba is very special!! I hope you ship internationally at some stage :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! =) I really would like to open for international business, so if all goes well, I hope to!

      Delete