Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cult Nails: Cruisin' Nude + Connect the Dots

Hi there everyone!  I hope you all had a fun weekend!  I had a very eventful one.  It was a very warm and sunny one here in Washington, so my hubby and I went out to enjoy the weather.  It kept up until yesterday, which was great because we had some extra time to go to Seattle.  I only managed to talk him into stopping at Ulta for polish, though I picked up a few things I needed! ;)

I hadn't been expecting to go anywhere though, so I was taking off my chipped mani from Sunday and had to throw on something.  Luckily, I had the time on the ferry to let it dry completely!  Here's what I wore:



I was really in love with Cruisin' Nude from seeing swatches right before Cult Nails had their $5 sale, so it was one of the colors I bought then.  In real life, my hands aren't as pale as they photograph.  They get really washed out whenever I point the camera at them.  In any case, Crusin' Nude is really close to my skin tone and close to looking like mannequin hands, just a smidge too dark. 


And though that look kind of creeps me out, I still really love this polish.  It applies like butter, smooth and silky.  I applied three coats here to get my desired opacity.  Sorry I didn't get a chance to show it to you by itself!  In any case, when I was done and looking at it, it just needed a little something to take it out of mannequin hand territory.


Adding Connect the Dots on top of it hid the red flash in Cruisin' Nude.  You can see the very subtle shimmer in CtD instead.  It's one of my favorite things about that polish.  It was just a quick topper this time so I could get out the door but it made it super fun with as little effort as possible. 


However, now I will have to wear Cruisin' Nude again soon so I can do the mani that I had in mind!  My friend suggested some polka dots that I'm totally in love with doing, so I need to get on that!  Until next time, Cruisin' Nude!

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment