Thursday, December 29, 2011

Disaster Strikes Mani

Do you plan out your manicures before you paint?  I do, but with some allowance for mind-changing and bad paint jobs.  The last few times that I've had a mani disaster, I've quickly taken off the horrible polish job and resorted to a glitter explosion.


This is my glitterbomb/disco balls all over my fingers mani.  It never fails to cheer me up and distract me with its completely shiny and sparkly presence.  I put this one the other day when I completely botched a stamp mani.


I try to change it up a bit every once in a while.  This time, I used purple and blue glitters on a few fingers and I kind of love them, even if it is a little bit much!


I started with a base of China Glaze Tinsel Town and then a layer of OPI's Spark de Triomphe on all my fingers.  On my middle finger, I added a layer of Zoya's Twila and on my ring finger and thumb I did a layer of  China Glaze Marry a Millionaire.  On my pointer and pinky, I did a layer of fine silver holo glitter by Love & Beauty.  I topped them all with the big silver holo hexagon's by Love & Beauty as well.

Whew, that's a bit of glitter!


But completely and totally worth it, even knowing what I get to look forward to taking it off: Lots of soaking time!

2 comments: